The American Student Dental Association (ASDA) was founded in 1971 and is the largest dental student organization in the United States. With a membership of more than 23,000, ASDA represents 86% of dental students from all 66 dental schools. ASDA’s mission is to protect and advance the rights, interests and welfare of dental students. The association introduces students to lifelong involvement in organized dentistry and provides services, information, education, representation and advocacy. ASDA representatives vote in the ADA House of Delegates, sit on most ADA councils and commissions and comprise one of the most respected student organizations in the nation.
ASDA is located off Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 14 and an operating budget of $4.5 million.
The Chapter Relations Manager is new position. The position is responsible for the development, planning and management of 66 pre-doctoral chapters. Oversees annual chapter recognition program (Gold Crown) and national membership marketing efforts. Develops regular reports on membership metrics. Serves as staff liaison to the Predental Advisory Committee. Some travel and weekend/evening work required.
- Develops and executes membership recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Monitors dental school landscape for new programs and program closure dates.
- Monitors chapter operations, governance, training, and activities.
- Manages the chapter portal, chapter resources, chapter leadership position descriptions and chapter training.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Predental Advisory Committee.
- Responsible for implementing new chapter program with dental schools.
- Conducts presentations at dental chapters; conducts meetings with dental school administration.
- Writes and edits enewsletters, Polished Predental and New Leader.
- Analyzes membership reports to identify trends.
- Supports Council on Membership. Attending meetings and calls, developing minutes, and using Council as a resource for chapter needs.
- Supports ASDA predental membership initiatives.
- Oversees Gold Crown Awards including application, selection, recognition and review.
- Maintains Membership Department procedures manual for chapters, chapter management and school administration.
- Provides superior customer service and support to association members.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Some travel, weekend and evening work is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Three to five years’ work experience in the association field; chapter experience and/or large membership experience preferred.
- Experience working with committees and volunteer leaders.
- Demonstrated presentation skills to groups of various sizes.
- Self-starter with creative mindset.
- Excellent organizational abilities, ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task with great attention to detail.
- Develops reports and makes recommendations based on careful analysis.
- Excellent communication, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- Must be able to work with small staff as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft and with association management software (Association Anywhere) preferred.
Search Process: How to Apply
This search is being conducted by Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates .
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter electronically, using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Catherine Babjak, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org; 312.642.8889
Back to Searches