International Carwash Association (ICA) is a trade association representing car wash owners and suppliers in the United States and around the world. The association produces The Car Wash Show, one of North America’s largest exhibitions, with international equivalents in Europe and Australia. ICA also produces several education and networking events in the United States, as well as the industry’s leading publication, CAR WASH Magazine.
ICA is located in downtown Chicago, with a staff of 6 and an revenues of $6.2M.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for overseeing ICA’s brand, as well as marketing and communication needs. The position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and collaborate closely with the Vice President, Events.
Marketing Strategy and Brand Management
- Develop and implement short and long-term marketing objectives, strategies and tactics to deliver against agreed upon business and financial goals.
- Oversee all marketing channels (direct response, SEO, print, email, advertising, digital, radio, trade shows, public relations, etc.) and define and execute measurable marketing campaigns.
Trade Show Marketing
- ICA currently partners with an outside agency that handles the majority of marketing needs for its domestic trade show.
- Supervise the work of ICA’s outside marketing agency for the domestic trade show.
- Assess strategy and execution for attendee and exhibitor promotion as well as event design including:
- Concept design
- Creative development for all digital, print and onsite pieces
- Manage media/press relations
- Collaborate and work with ICA international show/partners (Australia and Europe) to develop and deliver a cohesive message across all markets.
- Develop and execute marketing plan for ICA sponsored education and networking events each year in the United States.
- Develop a robust and up-to-date website featuring car wash industry and ICA news and information.
- Develop and implement initiatives to grow social media presence.
- Manage social media and email campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field.
- Seven plus years of experience in event marketing or marketing in the car wash industry.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple external partner relationship.
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of media relations/public relations, social media coordination, content marketing and email campaigns.
- Experience managing and overseeing budgets.
- Experience in international marketing.
- Strong management skills, including the ability to priorities and manage simultaneous projects.
- Extremely organized, a self-starter, agile facilitator and resourceful team player.
- Ability to function at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of web content and customer relationships management systems (CMS/CRM).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Some travel required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401 (k)
- Flexible officing. Position is based in Chicago.
Search Process: How to Apply
This search is being conducted by Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates .
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter electronically, using one of these options:
- Complete the resume submission form below, and include your resume and cover letter.
- Email your resume and cover letter to Catherine Babjak, Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org; 312.642.8889
Back to Searches