Director of Educational Development
- Tampa, FL
The Building Industry Consulting Service International, Inc. (BICSI) is a professional association that provides information, education and knowledge assessment for individuals and companies in the Information and Communications Technology industry. BICSI serves more than 23,000 ICT professionals, including designers, installers and technicians through courses, conferences, publications and professional registration programs. BICSI staff and volunteers assist ICT professionals in delivering critical products and services, and offer opportunities for continual improvement and enhanced professional stature.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, BICSI has 68 staff, a $17M budget, and serves 14,000 members across nearly 100 countries. To learn more, visit www.bicsi.org.
The Director of Educational Development will advance the execution of BICSI’s outreach strategy to educational institutions to ensure that BICSI’s Mission as the worldwide preeminent source of education for the information and communications technology (ICT) community is achieved.
To accomplish this, the Director is responsible for forging strategic partnerships globally with educational institution and training organizations with the goal of integrating BICSI’s program content and credential into the curricula of the respective institutions. The Director of Educational Development reports to the Vice President, Professional Development, and collaborates closely with BICSI leadership and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the creation and maintenance of the business development plan to identify educational opportunities in the marketplace to leverage BICSI’s program content and credentials.
- Identify, explore or propose potential business opportunities with educational institutions and training organizations including but not limited to colleges, universities, trade/vocational schools, high schools, and the military.
- Assess potential business opportunities by analyzing market strategies, contract requirements, market potential, competition, and financials; evaluate options; and resolve internal priorities.
- Develop negotiating strategies and position by studying integration of new opportunity with BICSI’s strategies and operations; examine risks and potentials; estimate partners’ needs and goals.
- Establish contractual agreements with educational institutions and training organizations to adopt BICSI’s program content and credentials into their respective curricula portfolio.
- Develop strategic, long-term partnerships with new and existing educational institutions; work with educational partners to tailor/repackage BICSI’s existing program content to fit other training/education models; or identify new content requirements to meet the educational institution’s needs.
- Develop means of bringing the customer’s voice directly to BICSI’s dialog to focus educational programming and deliver outstanding value.
- Articulate BICSI’s value proposition. Understand BICSI’s products, services and position, as well as competition in the industry.
- Collaborate with functional leaders across various departments including Professional Development, Global Development & Support, and Credentialing to ensure the appropriate coordination, execution; delivery, and outcomes are being met with educational partners.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing and Membership and Training Sales Manager on lead generation and customer solutions as needed.
- Remain abreast of industry trends in education and the ICT community and identify new topics for the educational market as appropriate.
- Track and report on business development activities, effectiveness, and partnership satisfaction.
- Seek opportunities to participate within and among the educational community at large; attend ICT and education industry trade shows and conferences.
- Author and/or speak on topics related to education and the ICT community.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership input into educational programming within BICSI.
- Proactively contribute and participate in internal (staff) and external (volunteers) discussions involving BICSI education issues.
- Create a supportive, respectful, and inspired team dynamic in all interactions with volunteers, subject matter experts (SME) and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of business development and general management experience preferably in education.
- Association / not-for-profit experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learner-based, culturally responsive pedagogies that facilitate student learning, assessment methodologies, and student learning outcomes.
- Ability to foster and grow relationships and liaise with BICSI employees and members from all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success with developing business opportunities and strong partnerships with clients.
- Strong organizational skills to manage projects, timetables and implementations.
- Knowledge of international markets preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills a must.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Additional proficiency in association managements systems and learning management systems preferred.
- Travel – 25%. Must have or be able to obtain a US passport for international travel.
Reporting: The Director of Educational Development reports directly to the Vice President of Professional Development.
Compensation and benefits: In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, BICSI offers a generous benefits package, a positive work environment featuring casual Fridays, charity outreach, and a supportive team-centric culture.
Search Process & Contact Information
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. Submit your cover letter and resume electronically in confidence to: Mary McMahon, Associate, Tuft & Associates, email@example.com; Phone 312-642-8889