Director, Practice Development and Management Solutions
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Schaumburg, IL
The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), a national professional organization in Schaumburg, IL has an immediate opening for a Director of Practice Development and Management Solutions. The candidate chosen for this position will lead the way in providing strategic direction for the practice management area and practice management product portfolio, including positioning AAD as the leading source for strategies, content, and tools customized for dermatologists. The new director will develop and oversee a portfolio of cutting-edge web content, products, services, educational offerings and resources to help dermatologists, their staffs, and their practices thrive in a changing environment. This individual will also work collaboratively across the Academy to formulate policy and position statements and implement strategic initiatives.
Founded in 1938, the AAD boasts a membership of 19,000 practicing dermatologists supporting the mission of promoting leadership in dermatology and excellence in patient care through education, research and advocacy.
Essential duties and responsibilities of the position include:
- Oversee the design and development of dermatology-specific services and solutions that are the leading source to help dermatologists and their staff in any practice setting thrive personally and professionally at every career stage.
- Lead staff in preparing dermatologists for the changing practice environment and the shift to value based care by developing a portfolio of educational content, tools, resources and services to assist Academy members utilize telemedicine and other emerging technologies to improve practice quality, efficiency and value of care. Identify, and provide member tools and resources for, new practice models, workflows or technologies that will help members be successful in value based payment or alternative payment models
- Collaborate with senior management in the assessment and development of strategic and financial goals that relate to the department, product portfolio, and the overall Academy mission. Develop and execute approved departmental plans targeted to business strategies and initiatives.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze use of, and satisfaction with, the practice management content, services, products and resources to ensure that the practice management portfolio is well-utilized and responsive to AAD members and their staffs as a member benefit. Identify and develop opportunities for fee-based practice management services that provide revenue opportunity for the Academy.
- Identify and monitor key business trends in the health care environment that may impact dermatology practices, and the specific business needs of dermatology practices, in order to develop related strategies that will enable, prepare and position dermatology to address the challenges and succeed in a changing and evolving health care environment.
- Provide expertise, counsel and guidance in the formation of Academy policy and strategy with respect to the business and management of dermatology practices, practice management and performance improvement issues including dermatopathology.
- Actively engage with related AAD departments around the Academy and practice management strategies and goals. Develop effective, collaborative working relationships to achieve goals. Effectively lead staff and engage all staff in a culture of teamwork, transparency and respect.
- Provide overall staffing and liaison services to assigned council, committees and task forces in conjunction with the chairs of these organizational groups. This includes drafting meeting agendas, coordinating meetings and conference calls, drafting programs/strategies to be discussed on the agenda, drafting and distributing summation reports, tracking follow-ups, assisting with developing and monitoring budgets, and ensuring annual reports are complete. The staff liaison will work with the chair to assure the business of the committee is accurately recorded and placed on the appropriate agenda(s) of the appropriate oversight committee, council or Board. Staff liaison will develop and maintain knowledge of the committee’s area of expertise and work effectively and cooperatively with volunteers.
- Assist the Senior Director with recommending and determining appropriate strategic and financial goals that relate to the department and the overall Academy mission. Develop and implement programs to fulfill these goals. Assist in the development of the departmental budget, monitor revenue and expenses and assist with monthly variance reports.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in healthcare management and policy is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. A minimum 10 years’ experience with physician practice administration and/or health-related/medical association as well as supervisory experience is required.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: Tuft & Associates, ATTN: Karen Dunn Caspers, CAE, MSNM, firstname.lastname@example.org.