- Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni, Inc.
- Washington, DC
ASECA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni, Inc. (ASECA), a non-profit charitable organization located in Washington, DC, has an opening for an Executive Director. The Executive Director will serve as the lead administrative officer of the organization and provide support to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with event planning experience who will bring new ideas to increase membership, take initiative to improve and update the ASECA website and to establish a robust social media presence. The ED will manage the annual dinner held each year in February, assist with the organization of regional membership events, and manage ASECA’s scholarship programs.
This is a part-time, work-from-home position. Washington, DC candidates strongly preferred. The work will be cyclical with longer hours leading up to the annual dinner and fewer hours in the spring and summer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the overall day-to-day operations and communications of ASECA and achievement of operational and financial objectives;
- Direct and oversee the planning and execution of ASECA’s Annual Dinner;
- Manage budget and work closely with the bookkeeper and Treasurer on financial activities;
- Manage the membership database, including renewals and new member communication;
- Prepare for Board meetings, including agendas and minutes;
- Update and improve ASECA’s website and social media presence;
- Process submissions for ASECA SEC staff scholarships; coordinate and oversee law school and SEC staff scholarships and Writing Competition;
- Organize meetings of nominating committees for Board members and William O. Douglas Award;
- Assist with regional activities centered around securities law conferences across the country.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Strong finance, budgeting and business systems knowledge;
- Strong technology skills; experience with social media and knowledge of general website implementation and maintenance;
- Proven experience in event planning and organizing;
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships;
- Demonstrated marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders;
- Self-directed and action-oriented;
- Experience and general knowledge of the financial services industry and of SEC’s role and financial management preferred;
- Strong communication skills;
- Exhibits consistent attention to detail and professionalism.
This search is being conducted by Tuft & Associates. Those interested in applying should send, via email, a resume and a cover letter outlining specific qualifications for the position to:
Jill Christie, President
Tuft & Associates